ETI proudly introduces the SNOW SWITCH® CIT-2 Aerial Snow Sensor for surface snow and ice management systems.
The CIT-2 is designed to work with a controller or contactor, optimizing energy usage in heated snow/ice melting applications. The CIT-2 is also an excellent solution for building automation applications.
During dry or warm weather, the system’s heaters are turned off to save energy costs. The heaters are turned on only when snow and/ or ice is present, and kept on only long enough to ensure complete melting and drying. Temperature and time parameters can be varied within the CIT-2, enhancing system performance in a given environment and application.
- Automatic snow sensor for reduced energy consumption in sidewalk, gutter/downspout snow and ice melting applications
- Slim design minimizes visual impact
- Mounts on 3⁄4” PVC conduit for easy installation
- Operates on safe low voltage power
- Simple four wire connections: 2 for power, 1 for signal output
- Wire colors match commonly available cable for easier installation
- Convenient power-on self-test to verify proper sensor
- Made with UV-tolerant and corrosion-resistant materials for
- MADE IN THE U.S.A.
SNOW SWITCH CIT-2 | SPECIFICATIONS
24V AC 50/60Hz, 24V DC, or 24V full wave rectified AC/ pulsed DC 0.2A max
Relay contacts: 2A max, 30V.
|SET POINT TEMPERATURE||
|MINIMUM OPERATING TEMPERATURE||
Selectable -20°F, -15°F, -10°F or disabled for extremely
Set 1 hour
33⁄4 inches tall, 13⁄4 inches diameter
|STORAGE TEMPERATURE||-40°C to +85°C|
Can be mounted 500 feet from the controller using 22ga cable or up to 1,000 ft. using 18ga cable (Depending on load requirements)