ASM-1 Automated Air Distribution Manifold
Automated Air Distribution Manifold
Features & Benefits
- Distributes dry low pressure air from one or more sources to one or more transmission lines.
- Continuous system monitoring allows leaking lines to be isolated while the rest of the system remains pressurized.
- Periodic automated line testing can identify future line leaks for planning maintenance before critical failures.
- Highly configurable to meet the needs of wide ranging applications.
- Programmable operating pressure range: 0.10 psig - 7.50 psig (7mbar - 517mbar).
- Programmable pressure relief valve to bleed off excess system pressure common with high solar gains.
- Future-proof software based features allow updates and upgrades while in service.
- Remote monitoring and control with web interface or SNMP.
- Configurable Parallel Pumping operation combines multiple ADH NETCOM dehydrators for increased system capacity.
- Ethernet, RS-422/485, RS-232 and alarm relay outputs for compatibility with nearly any system.
- Simple power connections for 100-240 VAC or ±20-75 VDC.
- Small, light weight chassis with multiple mounting options makes installation easy.
The ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold distributes low pressure dry air from one or more sources to one or more transmission lines. Output pressure is configurable between 0.10 psig and 7.50 psig (7mbar – 517mbar) in 0.01 psig (0.67mbar) increments. Factory default pressure is 0.5 psig (34.5mbar). Operational monitoring and alarms are software based making them highly configurable in the field. Future software features can be installed while in service over the internet or local Ethernet network.
The ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold is Ethernet network ready. Units can be configured and monitored using either built in SNMP support or the web interface. Legacy system support is provided via RS-422/485 or RS-232 interfaces. Three programmable alarm relays are also included. Communicated operational information includes pressure, status and leak down rate for the system and each port, and sytem duty cycle.
Seven of the ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold’s eight ports can be configured as input, output or unused. The eighth port is configured as a system pressure relief valve allowing the manifold to bleed off excess sytem pressure common with solar gain or to vent the system during certain system tests.
Multiple ADH NETCOM automatic air dehydrators can be controlled by an ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold for parallel or redundant pumping operation. Parallel pumping of two or more ADH NETCOM dehydrators provides increased volumes of dry low pressure air by running the ADH NETCOM dehydrators together as one. Redundant pumping of two or more ADH NETCOM dehydrators provides increased system reliability by keeping one or more dehydrators on standby should the primary dehydrator fail. To enhance system reliability in this mode each dehydrator will alternate as primary.
The ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold requires only 5-1/4″ (3-U) of rack space and is just 12″ (304.8mm) deep. Mounting hardware allows for flexible installation options including dual- and single-post rack mounting and wall mounting. The standard unit weighs just 11 lbs (5 kg).
The ASM–1 Smart Manifold automated air manifold operates from 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. Optional units are available at ±20-75 VDC.
|Dimensions||17″ × 12″ × 5-1/4″ (432mm × 305mm × 133mm)|
|Weight||11 lbs (5 kg)|
|Mounting||Dual-post rack, flush mounted
Single-post rack, center mounted
|Supply||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
|Maximum current||1.0 Amps at 100 V|
|Power usage||60 W max|
|Heat dissipation||205 BTU/hr max|
|Maximum pressure||7.5 psig (517mbar)|
|Internal safety relief valve||8 psig (552mbar)|
|Discharge port||1/8″ NPT
3/8″ or 1/4″ hose barb (both included)
|Display units||SI (millibars); English (psig), default|
|Protocols||HTTP (Web Interface), SNMP, UDP, TFTP|
|Maximum pressure||Configurable Range: 0.20 psig – 7.5 psig (14mbar – 517mbar), Default: 0.50 psig (34.5mbar)|
|Minimum pressure||Configurable Range: 0.10 psig – 7.4 psig (7mbar – 510mbar), Default: 0.30 psig (21mbar)|
|Low pressure alarm level||User Configurable, Default: 0.15 psig (10mbar)|
|High pressure alarm level||User Configurable, Default 1.5 psig (103.5mbar)|
|Alarm relays||Contact Type – Form C, SPDT, reverse acting
Ratings – 0.25 Amps @ 60 V
User configurable, Defaults:
|Parallel pumping configuration||User configurable, Default: Off|
|Redundant pumping configuration||User configurable, Default: Off|
|Operating temperature||32°F to 130°F (0°C to 55°C)|
|Storage temperature||−40°F to 150°F (−40°C to 60°C)|
|23658||ASM–1 Smart Manifold, 100-240 VAC|
|23659||ASM–1 Smart Manifold, ±20-75 VDC|